Christmas Tree Bunting Pattern and Instructions
- 6 small white buttons
- Scraps of red felt for the b
- 2 sheets of A4 green felt
- ½ sheet of A4 white felt
- A length of ribbon
- Green embroidery thread/floss
- White sewing thread
- Pattern (Click here to download the pattern)
- Cut out the pattern. The pattern can be downloaded from the link above.
- Following the pattern cut out 6 trees, 6 bows and 6 hearts from the felt.
- Lay 1 heart on each Christmas tree and sew in position using a running stitch.
- Position the red bow at the top of the tree; then place the tree on the ribbon. (I usually leave approximately 15 inches – 38 cm of the ribbon before I place the first bunting tree, then after that I place a tree every 10 inches – 25 cm)
- This will create a layered effect, 1st the ribbon, 2nd the tree, 3rd the ribbon, place the button in the centre of the red bow and sew all 3 layers together. Securing all the layers together with the button.
- Continue until you have all 6 trees attached to the ribbon, your bunting is now ready to hang.