Crafty Christmas tree decoration
- Small pieces of cotton fabric (See the pattern for sizes required)
- Small pieces of A4 green felt (See the pattern for sizes required)
- Polyester stuffing
- Cinnamon sticks
- Winter essential oil
- Small piece of narrow ribbon for hanging the decoration
- Sewing machine
- Green thread to match the felt
- Pattern (Click here to download)
- Print out the pattern and cut out 1 tree from the green felt and 1 tree from the cotton. Repeat for as many tree decorations as required.
- Placing the wrong sides together, fold the ribbon in half and sandwich in between the materials, leaving a small piece of the ends of the ribbon protruding from the top of the Christmas tree, machine sew leaving a small gap where indicated on the pattern.
- Turn the decoration right side out.
- Sprinkle some drops of essential oil onto the polyester stuffing and fluff up working the oil through the stuffing.
- Insert the stuffing into the decoration.
- Measure out the size of cinnamon stick you want for the tree trunk, (I usually just cut the cinnamon sticks in half with a scissors). Run some glue around the top circumference of the cinnamon stick, insert the stick into the decoration, pushing the fabric around the cinnamon stick, gluing it in place, leave to dry.
- Your decoration is now ready to hang.