Kandinsky Kitty Sewing Pattern
Felt 1 small square
Heavy cotton fabric 17″ x 12″ (42cm x 30.5cm)
You will need pins, thread, needles, sewing machine and stuffing
Optional for customising your softie,
fabric glue, fabric paint or embroidery thread
To download a PDF of the Pattern Click Here
To download a PDF of the faces Pattern Click Here
Patterns are available for personal use only.
- Cut out the pattern, body and face.
- Pin the pattern to the fabric and cut two of the body from the cotton and one of the face from the felt.
- Attach the face to one of the body pieces, approximately in the position for the face allocated on the pattern. Using a tacking stitch attached the face to the body fabric. Remove pins and machine along the outside of the face using the zig zag setting on the machine, remove tacking stitch. You can also use the blanket stitch to attach the face.
- Placing right sides of the bodies together pin all around making sure to leaving the opening for turning and stuffing unstitched. Tip – Remember to secure the opening by doing a back stitch with the sewing machine at the begining and end of sewing.
- Before turning, snip into all of the edges with the scissors, ensuring not to cut through the line of stitching. This will allow for ease of turning and stuffing.
- Turn right side out and push out all the edges, the best item to use for this is a chop stick or a knitting needle, make sure not to push to hard as you will rip through the fabric.
- Begin stuffing, again using either a knitting needle or chop stick to push wadding/stuffing into place.
- When you are happy with the amount of stuffing, either machine stitch or hand stitch the opening closed.
Customise your softie – Please refer to Face Sheet attached via the link above.
Here you can pick and choose from a variety of eyes, noses and mouths.
- Choose eyes you like, now you can trace onto the extra felt, cut out and glue eyes in place, repeat with nose and mouth.
- Choose eyes you like, trace them directly onto the face and paint in, repeat with nose and mouth.
- Choose eyes you like, trace them directly onto the face and embroidery, repeat with nose and mouth.