Chain stitch instructions:
- Thread the needle and place a knot at the base of the thread.
- Insert the needle through the back of the fabric and pull through until the knot is securely in place.
- Insert the needle back close to where the knot is positioned and picking up a small amount of fabric run the needle’s point up through the front of the fabric.
- The needle will now be sitting with a piece of fabric over the front of it, wrap the thread coming from the material around the needle and pull the needle all the way through. This will create the first chain stitch.
- To continue work the same stitch as before, the only difference being you start the stitch by putting the needle through the top of the chain you just finished.
- Continue until you have the desired amount of chain stitches.
- Pull the needle through to the back of the fabric and back sew over the last stitch a couple of times to secure.
- Snip off thread.