Make your own cute no sew Penguin. They make great Christmas decorations or just cute decorations in general. They also make excellent presents for all those Penguin lovers out there.
- 1 black sock (the one used in this tutorial is a sports sock in a size 6 – 11)
- 1 stripy sock
- Yellow felt
- Black felt
- White felt
- 2 Googly eyes
Pattern (Click Here to Download)
- Glue & glue gun
Our video tutorial to make the Little Penguin is included at the bottom of this post.
How to make:
- Print out the pattern (see link above) on A4 paper at 100%.
- Cut out the pattern pieces, pin to the felt colour written on each piece and cut out.
- Unpin and leave to the side.
- Taking the black sock, cut straight across the sock just below the heel section.
- Leave aside the toe section of the sock.
- Turn the top of the inside out and cut off a length of string.
- Tie the base of the sock securely.
- Turn right side out and start filling with the rice.
- As you are filling the body with rice, pat it down to fill out the base of the penguin.
- Continue until the sock is filled.
- Tie the top of the sock securely with another length of string.
- About 1/3 from the top manipulate the body to create a head and body section. Tie with a length of string to hold the definition in place.
- Lay the body flat.
- Glue the white piece of felt in place, matching the neck area of the felt to the string.
- Leave aside for the glue to dry.
- Take the second sock for the hat and scarf and lay flat.
- Cut out the pieces as in the image below.
- The piece on the left is for the hat, the middle piece is for the scarf and the right piece can be left aside for another project.
- Hat & scarf.
- Place the hat and scarf onto the Penguin. The scarf will cover the string around the neck.
- Glue the eyes and nose in position.
- Place the yellow feet pieces next to each other and place some glue of both of them.
- Place the Penguin on the feet, attaching the feet into position.
- Next line up the wings on either side of the body, again using the glue fix them in position under the scarf, along the line of string.
- The cute little penguin is all ready.